|A good Java resume or CV can make a world of a difference to open more doors to your career. Here is a sample resume that is extracted from my book "Java/J2EE Resume Companion" for experienced Java professionals. Even if you are not an experienced professional, it will guide you as to what you need to work towards. As you get more experienced, you need to update your Java resume or CV to highlight your accomplishments as shown below. There are more eye catching resume phrases and sample resumes for novice, career change, intermediate, cover letter, etc covered in the book in more detail with explanation.|
|Mobile: 0123 456 789 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org blog:: java-success.blogspot.com|
- Track record of delivering quality Java/JEE based solutions over 8+ years in the Investment, Insurance, Finance, Telecommunications, and Retail industries.
- 2.0+ years as a hands-on architect, 2+ years as a technical lead, 3+ years in Java/JEE development, and 3+ years in system integration.
- Well versed with entire development life cycle and facilitating agile practices.
- Spearheaded the design and development of a Spring MVC, Spring, and Hibernate based mission critical system budgeted at $10 million, which earned high accolades in the independent code and design reviews conducted by an independent consultancy.
- Provided technical leadership on the architecture, design, and successful implementation of a mission critical 24x7 Java/JEE application valued at $10 million at BrandName Ltd.
- Enjoyed repeated success in understanding business expectations, building effective solutions, and facilitating agile development practices.
- Re-architected, refactored, and performance tuned a Websphere and J2EE based online insurance application, which previously came down almost daily, became a true 24x7 application at BrandName Ltd.
- Instrumental in building our Java/JEE consultancy teams at Consultancy Ltd to grow from 6 consultants to 25 consultants and technical pre-sales activity in placing the consultants at client sites.
|Java Technologies: 8+ years||
Java 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, & 1.5, Swing, Applet, JMX, JDBC, and RMI. 3+ years in building stand-alone multi-threaded and TCP/IP socket based applications
|JEE Technologies: 5+ years||
JSP, Servlet, JSF, EJB, JMS, JSTL, EL, JNDI, JTA, and LDAP.
|Frameworks/Libraries:||Spring (2+ years), Hibernate (3+ years) , Acegi, Spring-ws (6+ months), JSF Sun RI (2 years), Facelets, Ajax4JSF, JiBX, JUnit, Log4J, etc|
|Tools:||Ant, Maven2, CVS, SVN, Eclipse, Rational Software Architect, etc|
|Platforms:||Databases (Oracle, MySQL), OS (Linux, Windows), Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, and Weblogic), Message Oriented Middleware (Websphere MQ and webMethods).|
|Design skills:||OOA (Object Oriented Analysis) & OOD (Object Oriented Design), AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), Design by contract, GoF design patterns, JEE & EJB design patterns, and UML.|
|Software Development Methodology:||Agile methodology, RUP (Rational Unified Process), XP, TDD (Test Driven Development).|
Aug 2006 – Present: Brand name Ltd - Sydney
Position: Java/JEE Architect/Senior developer ( Design & development focus of a $10 million dollar high visibility and mission critical project using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks.)
Technologies used: Java 1.5, JSF Sun RI, Facelets, Ajax4JSF, Richfaces, Spring, XML, XSL, XSD, XHTML, Hibernate, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, MINA, Spring-ws, SOAP Web service, Websphere, Oracle, JMX, ANT, Maven2, Continuum, JUnit, SVN, TDD, and XP.
Feb 2003 – Aug 2006: Consultancy Ltd - Sydney Clients: Sure Insurance, ABC utility, and MQR Finance.
Position: Java/J2EE Technical lead/Senior developer (Leadership, design, and development focus of a number of Java/JEE based multi-tiered, high volume (10,000 to 100,000 users), and distributed applications.)
Technologies used: Java 1.4, EJB 2.0, JNDI, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, Struts, Spring, XML, XSL, XSL-FO, XSD, XHTML, Hibernate, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, FOP, Websphere, ANT, CVS, and JUnit.
Jan 2000 – Feb 2003: Telecom Ltd - Sydney
Position: Java/J2EE developer (Development focus of Java/J2EE based applications.)
Technologies used: Java 1.2/1.3, Swing, Applet, Servlet, JSP, custom tags, JNDI, JDBC, XML, XSL, DTD, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL, Weblogic, JUnit, Log4J and CVS.
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering with First Class Honors.
- Training in Websphere Application Server.
Other skills and achievements
- Secured 97% in Java test conducted by Brand name Ltd.
- Passed the senior Java application developer test conducted by Consultancy Ltd.
- Passed the EJB [1.1 & 2.0] Tests conducted by Sure Insurance Ltd.
- Passed the Senior Developer Technical Interview with the Sun Micro Systems.
- Maintaining a Java blog at http://www.java-success.bogspot.com/ to communicate my findings and thoughts.
- Published a “Java World” article entitled “Some Java Topic”, which had over 40,000 views and positive review comments.
- Member of Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- Available upon request.